header

Thursday, November 10, 2005

early start and Charles Austin

Did I say in my intro something about "no longer liking to slog it out in the garden", liking and having to do it are two different things - a hot day was predicted so I thought I'd get an early start at 8 am and empty two compost bins. (well, that's early for me!) Three hours later the temperature must have been well into the 30's, I was soaking, exhausted and was that red face from the heat or was it a glow of satisfaction?

I have a David Austin rose called Charles Austin (I think I read it was named after his father)
at this time of year old Charlie boy really goes off! (charming turn of phrase picked up from my children)
I picked this vase full on the weekend
and this morning I picked another vase

2 comments:

Alice said...

That is one magnificent rose and you must be treating it well, too, to have such prolific flowering. Just delicious.

Erica said...

well that's the strange thing, I don't treat any plant particularly well, I think this one just landed in the right place and it knows it VBG