header

Monday, April 24, 2006

an Australian tradition....and travels around Eastern Creek

.....the unofficial extra long weekend.

As we have a public holiday on Tuesday for Anzac Day, we joined those carrying on the long held Australian tradition of taking Monday off (not a sickie in this case, but a very much owed day in lieu)

"So do you want to out? - get your camera and we'll go for a drive"

(he's learnt a new way to get around me!!! offer a photo opportunity)

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Ahhh, green plains, rolling hills, trees, cool autumn breeze, the scent of eucalyptus in the air.......

no.....wait......that's not eucalyptus...

it's racing fuel!!!

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

I should have known there'd be an ulterior motive.

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Our son's friend is racing tomorrow and he is her mechanic, so today was practice session and time trials, and last minute adjustments to bikes. Yes, the girls don't just hang around the pits looking glam these days, they race the guys (and still look glam!)

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Back in the pits the next generation mechanic (or rider?) watches fascinated.

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Did you know that the bike tires have their own little electric blanket to warm them up before the race? I could use one of those around my feet at the moment.

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

and me? I was happy...I had lots of bright shiny coloured bits to photograph...
I like these shapes, I should try and work out some sort of quilt thingy with them.

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW

No comments: