header

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

bare trees

I've been thinking of some fibre artwork based around trees - leaves, vines, jungley looking, but at the moment all my trees are bare and it's a time of year that I love, I like the cold and bare trees always give me a proper sense of the season.
As Australia doesn't really have native deciduous trees, we have to make do with imported exotics, this is one of my crepe myrtles that is in the far corner of my secret garden

also a japanese maple that I had bought to turn into a bonsai 35 years ago, it sort of got away from me,

and I just love the texture of the bark on the maple with the contrasting bromeliad colour

1 comment:

LillyB said...

I always like bare trees. They give me the proper sense of the season and one of my crepe myrtles that is in the far corner of my secret garden. Thanks for the lovely photos of bare trees.
garden design sydney